OPEN HOUSE AUGUST 23rd FOR CONTRACTORS WANTING TO WORK ON WOODWARD AVENUE STREETCAR CONSTRUCTION
Companies interested in being a subcontractor, service provider, or supplier for the construction of the Woodward Avenue Streetcar line are invited to a Construction Open House on Friday, August 23, 2013.
Stacy and Witbeck, the construction manager hired by M-1 RAIL, is hosting the open house at MotorCity Casino-Hotel, 2901 Grand River Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201.
• Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. inside Sound Board
• Program Overview from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
• Open House ends at 12:00 p.m.
Companies should register at http://m-1railopenhouse.eventbrite.com/ or at www.M-1RAIL.com.
“Our construction manager is hosting this open house to recruit the best local companies in Detroit and Michigan to be part of building the streetcar line,” said Sommer Woods, Director of Community and Governmental Affairs. “We have already reached out to numerous organizations, including contractor and supplier associations, and the response has been good. We hope to have a very strong turnout.”
Needed: Subcontractors, Service Providers, and Suppliers
The M-1 RAIL construction manager along with he Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) have identified a list of anticipated services needs, some of which require for the contractor be prequalified by MDOT. The anticipated service needs are:
• Asphalt Milling*, Asphalt Roadway*, Brick Paver* Bridge*, Concrete Flatwork*, Concrete Roadway*, Granite Curb Setting, Landscaping*, Pavement Marking*, Permanent Signage*, Pole Foundation Drilling*, Rebar Installation*, Sewer Line Relocations*, Traffic Control Traffic Signals*, Trucking, Underground Electrical*, Water Line Relocations*
2. Service Providers
• Construction Material Testing, Equipment Services , Hazardous Material Assessment, On-site Equipment Fueling, Saw Cutting, Security , Surveying , Sweeper/Vacuum Truck, Vacuum Excavation/Potholing, Video Inspection/Surveying
• Aggregate , Concrete, Conduit , Office Supplies , Precast Concrete Structures, Rebar Supply, Traffic Control Devices, Utilities Pipe
*Indicates must be prequalified by MDOT
About M-1 RAIL
M-1 RAIL is a non-profit organization formed in 2007 to lead the design, construction, and future operation of a 3.3-mile circulating streetcar along Woodward Avenue between Larned Street and West Grand Boulevard in Detroit, Michigan. An unprecedented public-private partnership and model for regional collaboration, the Woodward Avenue Streetcar project is the first major transit project led and funded by both private businesses and philanthropic organizations, in partnership with local government, the State of Michigan, and U.S. Department of Transportation. Visit www.M-1RAIL.com for more information.